Near St. Mark’s Square, the central and privileged location of the Hotel and the Residenza San Maurizio is convenient to Venice’s most famous museums and historic, artistic and cultural sites, as well as entertainment and shopping, such as Calle XXII Marzo, the Gallerie dell’Accademia, Palazzo Grassi, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, La Fenice Theater, the Realto Bridge, the Mercerie. It is in one of the city’s most vibrant areas, well served and filled with traditional shops, art galleries and high fashion boutiques.
While Campo San Maurizio hosts antique stalls on a monthly basis, at Christmastime a fun little market opens up in the nearby Campo Santo Stefano, to the delight of adults and children. It has everything, from the most traditional handicrafts to wooden toys, from natural beauty products to home decor, from children’s clothing to ethno-chic jewelry, from Venetian laces to leather objects, from precious prints to food products from all over the world!
Here you are also in a favorable location for the Historical Regatta, which takes place every September along the Grand Canal. Not to mention the Venice Carnival, with St. Mark’s Square as the epicenter of its spectacular festivities!
How to reach us
From Venice Marco Polo Airport
You can use the public service provided by the ALILAGUNA Cooperative. It reaches the San Marco stop in 1 hour and 15 minutes. From here, keeping to your left, you can reach Via XXII Marzo and continue until you get to Campo Santa Maria del Giglio. You will cross 2 bridges. At the second bridge, you will reach Calle Zaguri where you can find the hotel at No. 2625. You can also get to the hotel by water taxi in about 30 minutes. The water taxi will leave you at the nearest station.
From the Venice S.Lucia train station and the Piazzale Roma parking lot
We recommend taking the vaporetto (ACTV) LINE 1 and getting off at the Santa Maria del Giglio stop (Station No. 13). You will find yourself in Campo Santa Maria del Giglio. Turn to your left and cross two bridges. At the second bridge you will reach Calle Zaguri where you can find the hotel at No. 2625 and you can check into the Residence.
In this case you can also take a water taxi, which will take about 10 – 15 minutes.
Follow the signs for Venezia, and you will arrive at Piazzale Roma where there are 3 parking lots, or you may part in the Tronchetto garage. Take the vaporetto (ACTV) LINE 1, and get off at the Santa Maria del Giglio stop. Continue straight ahead on the Calle (street) until you reach Campo Santa Maria del Giglio. From there turn left, cross the bridge keeping to your left, and you will reach Calle Zaguri will you can find the entrance to the Hotel (No. 2625) and you can check into the Residence.
Beautiful and Useful
- Gallerie dell’Accademia: an extraordinary exhibition of works by the greatest Venetian painters, from Bellini to Giorgione to Tintoretto.
- Palazzo Grassi: Venice’s important exposition space, which hosts prestigious art exhibitions.
- St. Mark Museum: located at the piazza and church of the same name, it contains moving testimony with interesting thematic programs.
- Palazzo Pisani: built by the illustrious Venetian family, it is home of the Benedetto Marcello Music Conservatory.
- Palazzo Venier: in the famous Peggy Guggenheim Collection, overlooking the Grand Canal, surrealism and abstractism are part of the home.
- Church of St. Stephen: a church decorated in Gothic style, containing precious canvases by J. Tintoretto.
- La Fenice Theater: Venice’s reference point for an important opera, dance and symphony season.
- Campo Santa Maria del Giglio: the vaporetto station.
- Puntolaguna: a multimedia center with information on the protection of Venice and the lagoon, with interesting educational opportunities for children.